Welcome to my little corner of the world.
My name is Brandi, and I am a writer, reader, college student and professional napper from Pennsylvania.
I attend college at Gannon University where I am working on my master’s degree in occupational therapy.
When I’m not anxiously cramming muscle facts into my brain or looking like a zombie on my way to class, I’ll usually be found curled up in bed reading a good book with a hot cup of coffee in my hand.
Occasionally, you’ll find me with a notebook and pen writing a short story or even poetry. On my blog, you will find my numerous creative writing pieces that I actually feel confident enough to share with the world (you guys.)
Anyways, I really like reading. On my blog, you will also find numerous book reviews for some of my favorite and least favorite books.
I like to show off my amateur photography skills on bookstagram, where you will also find me as @xobrandilarissa…
…which brings me to the world of Twitter, my favorite form of social media. I’m always tweeting somewhat funny but usually lame and silly stuff as @xobrandilarissa
Here are some of my favorite things:
- Luke Bryan
- Aka, my favorite guy on the planet. He is one of the most genuine guys in the world, and he is really funny. And talented- at singing, dancing, and shakin’ dat bum. (SORRY MOM.)
- …. the tv show. I watched this show over and over since I was about 13. It is my favorite show of all time, and I quote the show on the daily. I consider Monica, Rachel, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler and Ross to be my absolute best friends. Since I was 13, I have been wishing I could be a part of that unbreakable forever friend group.
- If you know me at all, you know Marvel is my ABSOLUTE favorite. More specifically, my favorite superhero is Black Widow- I am forever wishing I could be as cool and badass (sorry mom) as her. Obviously, I love my Cap and Iron Man and Scarlet Witch and Spidey too…..well basically I love them all. They’re my heroes, after all!!!
- Mental Illness
- Ok, I guess this is not a “favorite” thing, but it is something I am interested in and passionate about. Mental illness is something I am always pushing myself to learn more and more about, and I also strongly believe it is something the world should also learn more about. It is also something I suffer with myself. Some day, I hope to get the nerve to share my personal experiences with you. But in the meantime, I am always up for listening to people’s experiences, advice, and basically anything. My comments are always open!
- Occupational Therapy
- As I already stated, I am an occupational therapy major at Gannon so, obviously, OT is something I am really passionate and fond of. I wrote a post describing what exactly occupational therapy is, because a good portion of the population does not even know what occupational therapists do, let alone the benefits of OT. You can read that post for more information on the details of my future career.
Anything else you can find out about me through my numerous blog posts and my other forms of social media.
Thanks for stopping by.