1. What was the last book you read?
Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
2. Was it a good one?
YES! I loved it and read it within 24 hours.
3. What made it good?
The “nerdy” aspect of it-the whole story took place at “SupaCon,” which sounded totally cool and I want to go there myself.
4. Would you recommend it to other people?
Yes, especially if you like books centered around some sort of nerd culture.
5. How often do you read?
At the very least I read two chapters before I go to sleep.
6. Do you like to read?
Well clearly! 🙂
7.What was the last bad book you read?
None really, I typically do not finish a book if I’m not enjoying it.
8. What made you dislike it?
9. Do you wish to be a writer?
Absolutely, I have been writing since I was little and I would love to have published work someday. I still have yet to find my writing style, though!
10. Has any book every influenced you greatly?
Not one in particular, but probably It’s Kind of a Funny Story has influenced me the most!
11. Do you read fan fiction?
12. Do you write fan fiction?
No, but maybe one day I might
13. What’s your favorite book?
My two favorites are Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell and It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. ❤
14. What’s your least favorite book?
*see question 7*
15. Do you prefer physical books or ready on a device (like a kindle)?
Physical books 100%!!!
16. When did you learn to read?
I honestly have no idea. I’m assuming at a normal age like everyone else?
17. What is your favorite book you had to read in school?
The Catcher in the Rye! It was one of those books that we started reading in class and I went home that night and finished the book myself… weeks before the due date.
18. What is your favorite book series?
I truthfully do not read a lot of series.
19. Who is your favorite author?
Francesca Zappia! She is a totally cool person and she won me over with Eliza and Her Monsters.
20. What is your favorite genre?
21. Who is your favorite character in a book series?
Eliza (from Eliza and her Monsters)
22. Has a book ever transported you somewhere else?
All the time. That is why I love reading- it takes me to a different world.
23.Which book do you wish had a sequel?
None, because I’m the type of person who thinks there should be less sequels out there. -.-
24. Which book do you wish DIDNT have a sequel?
The first book that comes to mind is To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before”- it could have worked out to be one single book. But, I do not remember much about the book and I didn’t read the last two in the series so who knows!
25. How long does it take you to read a book?
It can take anywhere from 24 hours to a month or two.
26. Do you like when books become movies?
27. Which book was ruined by its movie adaptation?
Though I haven’t seen the movie, I have heard awful things about the movie “Before I Fall”, which is disappointing because it is one of the books that got me into reading and YA in general.
28. Which movie has done a book justice?
Catching Fire, hands down.
29. Do you read newspapers?
30: Do you read magazines?
Again, not typically.
31. Do you prefer newspapers or magazines?
32. Do you read while in bed?
It is basically the only place I read!
33. Do you read while on the toilet?
Only when the book is really good and I’m eager to reach the last page!
34. Do you read while in the car?
No because I get car sick very easily.
35. Do you read while in the bath?
I do not take baths often and I am usually too nervous I will get my book wet.
36. Are you a fast reader?
When I really like a book, which is often.
37. Are you a slow reader?
38. Where is your favorite place to read?
In my bed cuddled up with a blanket.
39. Is it hard for you to concentrate while you read?
I usually end up playing on my phone a lot. I also can not read anywhere noisy.
40.Do you need a room to be silent while you read?
41. Who gave you your love for reading?
Probably my mom and grandma, they are both big book lovers!
42. What book is next on your list to read?
Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst! (Psssst… I am doing a giveaway for it on my twitter and Instagram @xobrandilarissa too!)
43. When did you start to read chapter books?
Im sure right around first or second grade.
44. Who is your favorite children’s book author?
Coleen Murtagh Paratore wrote the Wedding Planner’s Daughter series, which I LOVED! I also enjoyed Laurie B. Friedman because of Mallory on the Move.
45. Which author would you most want to interview?
J.K Rowling or J. R. R. Tolkein- I would love how they were inspired to create such amazing fictional worlds. I mean, GOALS.
46. Which author do you think you’d be friends with?
Probably Francesca Zappia.
47.What book have you reread the most?
“Don’t You Dare Read This Mrs. Dunphrey” by Margaret Peterson Haddix. Love love love.
48. Which books do you consider “classics”?
Anything from Harry Potter to Great Expectations.
49. Which books do you think should be taught in every school?
Anything that gets people reading, but are school appropriate. I mean, not everyone is gonna love the same book. (Not everyone is gonna love books period.) I think more teachers should encourage diverse reading.
50. Which books should be banned from all schools?
Books that include any type of racism, albeism, sexism, etc– actually, no. They should not be banned because teachers could use those books to teach students WHY that book is wrong.
Idk, or maybe like, erotica, but only because that is inappropriate for students at school. They can read it on their own time.